Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
13,801 Posts
Interesting conversation.

I can duplicate what the Honda dealers can do with the dealer diagnostic tool.
But ASFAIK that does not allow control over the systems you mention.

The Car ECM probably has lots of hidden functions but without a lot more very detailed information or access to one of the development tools with these OBDII functions it would be virtually impossible to reverse engineer them. Throwing random codes at the ECM or writing to unknown memory areas within it could corrupt vital info or cause other damage.

Activating or forcing auto stop and lean burn when conditions are not right or the same as when they operate in a standard car might be also fraught with problems.

·
Administrator
13,801 Posts
Hmm this has intrigued me now.

As I have quite a few spare MCM's I might get my G1 A123 car up on axle stands and throw a few codes at the MCM memory locations which are currently not in my data list. I know the memory areas for the Soc and fan commands etc but there are a lot of gaps that might be worth a 'Poke' I'm not going to try the ECM yet as I don't want to corrupt it, and it's more difficult to replace plus keys etc would need re-programming a royal PITA. I need to write some OBDIIC&C code specifically to scroll through some memory and poke each area in turn now.

I know my scanner can manipulate certain sensors (egr, fans, ac clutch purge valve etc)
Can you provide a lot more specifics on this.

Exact List.
What it can manipulate.
Type of scanner.
Pics of it in operation. (Have you actually tried to manipulate things you listed?)
Thanks

Edit

Ok I have written some quick and dirty OBDIIC&C code to step through the MCM memory areas so I can poke it and see what happens. :)

·
Administrator
13,801 Posts
Well FWIW I poked a few locations in the MCM memory. All around the ones we know about that provide fan and soc control.

Nothing startling happened.

One caused the IMA to flash out a fault code.

Once caused an immediate SOC reset to zero bars and an IMA fault code P1649.

Sadly nothing that exciting or useful either. Without a lot more info to go on that's that avenue exhausted.

I might look at the ECM side over the summer. If assist or regen is being commanded in response to OBD (write/control) commands that's probably where they are coming from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.