Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
I know my scanner can manipulate certain sensors (egr, fans, ac clutch purge valve etc) so its fair to believe they have ways to do even more. like peter said though, the code to do so is endless. Now if you could get that engineer to cough up a few codes or event parameters maybe we could hack the rest :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
to answer your question. the scanner is a snap on 2500mt. As for codes itll pull all the emissions, abs, and srs with little issue. The IMA codes/ and function are limited in use, But heres what I know can be done with it. On the obd side I can operate the egr and see how much % of lift its at, can control idle speed, purge valve, check all the values of each sensor, ac clutch on/off, cooling fans on/off, and fuel pump on/off, and iirc has a value that shows fuel ratio (that may be a different cartridge for a different car so don't quote me on that 1).

ABS functions, values, codes are readable. The eps im not sure of-ive never had a need to look. The IMA side I don't get much. I can read the voltage, turn on/off the contactor, and operate the fan (low speed only). The other scanner im looking at (more advanced) is the soleus from snap on. It seems to have more ability in IMA stuff and better data logging features. Ill know more though if I do purchase that one-
Ill snap a few pics or vid next time im up at my shop and ill see what else I can do with it-(I know a lot more can be done with it, but didn't want to post on those things till I know for sure)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.