Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My Insight is a Japanese Import and it has the factory Japanese Navigation system (P/N: 39540-TM8-J51). I bought a European Navigation System (P/N: 3950-TM8-E010-M1) on Ebay to replace it with.

I thought it would be a simple plug and play job but I have 2 connectors from the car that will not fit the European unit.

The 2 connectors are 20pin and 5pin and the remaining slot on the European unit is 24pin.

I am hoping there is a solution to this as the guys in the local Honda garage couldn't help me much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Japanese model differs in some connectors from the European model.

Connector 5 is a rear view camera in the Japanese model.

24-pin connector is responsible for the handfree system and aux connector.
The 20-pin connector can be easily converted into a 24-pin connector by purchasing the connector and soldering to the connector wires 20-pin according to the wiring diagram.

Try using the service manual and wiring diagrams: https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-forum-2nd-gen-discussion/61922-download-2010-2011-insight-service-electrical-troubleshooting-manuals-pdf.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Gms24ru. Thanks very much for the help!

So I took a look at the Connector B diagram and the wire harness on the Insight.

The diagram has 6 Auxiliary wires and 10 HFL wires (16 total).

It looks like my Insight has 5 Auxiliary wires and 12 HFL wires (17 total).

The wires are completely different colors so I cannot match them up and with the difference with the amount of wires, I am thinking that the auxiliary and handsfree kits are maybe different...

Also, I cannot get the unit to power up but I think that this is because this Connector B is not connected.

I am pretty sure I could get this unit to work but I am not sure as to how to match up the wires.

Have you done this type of modification on your own Insight?

·
Registered
210 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts