Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Testing the waters to see if people would be intrested, I'm working out a deal w/ the distributor.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lots of views, speak up people.

·
Registered
82 Posts
dont have one said:
Testing the waters to see if people would be intrested, I'm working out a deal w/ the distributor.
I might be interested, I have a 2000 with 150k mi. on it. CEL came on @ 110k for a P0420 code which someone on here said could be a bad LAF. Keep us updated....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aaron Cake said:
My dealer wants approximately $220 Canadian for this sensor. About the same price as yours when you factor in the exchange and shipping. So not a lot of interest over here. :)
Shipping is free and no core exchange with this deal. Google L2H2 or L1H1 and let us know what kind of deals you find. IT IS OEM, made by the Japanese company NTK (subdivision of NGK). If you look on your oem sensor it will say NTK right on it. L2H2/L1H1's are UEGO widebands used by alot of tunners. If you change out your old sensor before it totally gets bad, you could put it up for sale on Ebay and people would snatch them right up (at least $50 for a used one). Well, let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What are the reasons for changing?
- Expensive to fix when it dies ( apparently yes )
- Better performance with newer-design part?

And, when ... more or less ... is it likely to go bad?
- Miles driven?
- Just plain X years of exposure to elements?

·
Registered
102 Posts
dont have one said:
You can count me in, GotOne. As long as it is the type that will fit my 2000. I guess if it fits yours it will fit mine :?: I'm feeling some hesitation at cruising RPMs, and it seems like an LAF sensor will be nice to have on hand.

So, you've only had the car for 2 weeks and you're already repairing it? :lol:

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,918 Posts
sensor

Count me in for one as long as it is a plug in replacement and a L2H2

Willie

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I noticed that denso claims to have a replacement for our cars but they are only 4 wire narrow band sensors, The one I found is a 5 wire LAF, OEM direct replacement (plug and play). Now $160 plus shipping if anyone's intrested. PM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.