Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm putting some much needed sound insulation in my insight today. But I noticed that it appears that the floor already has some kind of oem sound insulation on it. At least that's what I think it might be. It looks like it's made of asphalt and is hard as hell to get off, basically impossible. I know you cant stack sound insulation so I was wondering if anyone knows if that's what this is? Thanks -Eli

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm putting some much needed sound insulation in my insight today. But I noticed that it appears that the floor already has some kind of oem sound insulation on it. At least that's what I think it might be. It looks like it's made of asphalt and is hard as hell to get off, basically impossible. I know you cant stack sound insulation so I was wondering if anyone knows if that's what this is? Thanks -Eli
Wait why can't you stack? When I did the sound insulation in my turbo insight, I just slapped mine over whatever that stuff is. Haven't had an issue at all.

Reactions: Ecky

·
Registered
151 Posts
+1. Stacking is exactly what many places will do if a customer wants more deadening than a single layer of Dynamat or lizard skin spray-on.

Take some time to research the different types of sound control to get the most out of it while you're in there. Soundproofing Principles

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Because google says so lol. They say that stacking is a myth, but putting deadening foam ontop of the butnyl rubber is good. Sorry for the late replies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts