Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at CVT car in sitting for three years. All the batteries are dead. The man said motor will turn it won't start .I have not been to the location of car but I'm interested in it.any recommendations? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
My recommendation is to make him pay you to take it away. :)

Scott

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good advice I have seen that happen. Usually it to someone half my age real good looking an female!

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
LOL-ROF

Around Tupelo where I grew up, the old salts would say it is either fuel or fire(pronounced far).

If there are two of you, you can spray a bit of starting fluid into air cleaner hose and it may fire if fuel is the problem. Be careful as it may backfire if you get too much.Keep your face away.

The plugs may already be fouled after multiple attempts.

You can look through the oil fill hole and see the end rocker arm. Movement of that valve should tell you whether the cam is turning or not (i.e. broken cam).

From the ignition schematic, looks like pin 1 on the ignition coil is pulsed from the ECM. You should be able to see a flicker on an old style analog voltmeter - if you can find one. (Sean says Wal-Mart has them.)

Don't forget to give the guy a bill if you get it running ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Mr. Jim! I'm very familiar with starting fire. It would take me four hours to get there where it's at maybe more. Like to carry some ammunition with me .thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts