Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting this thread as a heads up. About 6 months ago I noticed the sheathing on my throttle cable was chewed through.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Metal

I'm sure it had to be a rat or a mouse because nothing is rubbing against the cable. I contacted my local dealer to order one. They didn't have one in stock but said they could order it. After about 2 months I gave up on calling to see if it had come in. Since then I let it slip my mind but I just recently started looking again. I actually called my local dealer today to check one last time and they said it was still on back order. Majestic Honda showed it as being discontinued. After searching a few more online dealerships I found one in Canada at Palladino Honda. unfortunately they only ship to addresses in Canada. RockAuto doesn't have one nor do any of the big auto parts chain stores. The search on eBay was also unsuccessful until I directly searched by the part number. I found a seller with only one available.

I wish I was starting this thread to say I had found a cable from another model that fits, or a universal cable that can easily be adapted. Unfortunately, I don't really have time for another project so I couldn't turn down a new old stock OE cable. Then again I've had eBay sellers cancel on me so who knows.

I'm also curious to know if anyone thinks that a Rostra cruise control unit could be adapted as a throttle by wire. Does anyone knows of any decent aftermarket throttle by wire systems.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you @tryingbe, that's some great info to add to this post. My cable is not actually broken yet though. I'm trying to get a new one before it does break.

What was the cost of having those shifter cables made?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts