Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Members, especially those in UK!

As a new Insight owner can you give me some recommendations for UK suppliers of the 0W-20 oil and other routine spares.

I assume the UK Honda dealerships carry it?

I have searched this forum, and the advice re suppliers is all US based.

I have Googled and can't find anything listed for the special oil in the UK.

I live in North Yorkshire and it can get a bit chilly, so I would prefer to use the right stuff.

Regards and thanks.

Peter

PS

I would like a genuine Insight cargo net if anyone has one for sale.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Peter

Honda dealers tend to stock the basic service items including the oil (or can get them next day).

Did you get the Hondacare extended warranty with yours - if not I suggest you get onto your dealer and get one sorted. I got a two year warranty for about £300. I have had the EGR valve and SRS spring in the steering wheel replaced (rattling).

Cheers

John

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Some Insight owners in the UK have had difficulty getting the prescribed 0W-20 oil (best for MPG) from their dealers, who will likely try and give you 5W-30. The 0W-20 oil is available but you have to insist on it and it comes in 1 litre bottles at about £6.99 each (you will need three). If you wish, I can dig out the part number for you when I get home.

Regarding the cargo net (which is worth having), it might have been wise to ask for that as a Christmas present! My wife got me one a while back, and I seem to remember it being about £50 new...not sure if they are still available to order from dealerships as the Insight is no longer sold new.

Hope this helps

·
Administrator
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil Availability

I would be greatful for the part no's for the oil and net if you have them.

I got a one year hondacare warranty when I bought my vehicle a few days ago. I also retain the balance of the 8year/80,000 mile ima stuff warranty.

Thanks Peter

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Sorry, I can't find the invoice or part number for the cargo net. Worth asking your local Honda dealer (it's a shame the cheaper American parts websites don't ship to the UK).

The 0W-20 oil part number is H0823199951HE (the second digit is a zero). As I said before you will need three one litre bottles (using about two and two thirds) at a cost of £21.

Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts