Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this is posted somewhere on the forum, but im lazy and dont want to read through all the posts. I have an 01 5sp with 49k, 66.5 LMPG in Denver. I have been using Mobil1 0w-20 oil. Now, Mobil, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to discontinue the 0w-20 weight oil. What is everyone else using for 0w-20 synthetics now. I have found a short term workaround, in that i purchased some from a vendor on the internet that had some backstock, but this is only a short term, 4 oil changes, type of fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark
Insight in the Mountains

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think you would have probably get more responses if you titled your post where to buy synthetic oil... in anycase I'm in the same boat as you.. I have no idea where to buy synthetic oil in Canada 0w 20 so I'm stuck with what the Honda dealer puts in... I'd love to get this stuff here perhaps I'll make a post myself and call it the above

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would put some of the new Mobil 1 5W-20 in my car now and then about Nov. I would put in the 0W-20.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Meow, good feedback.

I bought 2 cases of 0w-20 for now, hopefully someone will find an outlet by then.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Unless you have artic cold winters, 5W-20 is fine. Even with those extreme temps 5W-20 is fine as it is used in other cars in those areas. You might lose a small amount of gas mileage during startup until the car warms up. It wouldn't be long for the oil to warm to the point of acting like a higher weight oil anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts