Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to replace my oil drain plug with one of those ez change things. Any one know the thread size of the plug? Also, does the g1 insight have two oil drain plugs? Iv always used the plug pointing directly aft with the arrow on it saying engine oil lol, but when looking at a parts diagram on it showed one on the right side as well. Hope every ones staying safe thanks -Eli

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
16 Posts
Hello,
Fumoto’s F-106 valve fits the G1 Insight. This particular valve does not have a nipple on it for a line leading into a catch can, so if you are looking for that you can put your car’s info into their website and it will find it for you. My Insight is from 2000, and I don’t know if this is the case with the other years, but there is a bit of the oil pan that prevents me from threading on the drain valve completely. Fumoto sells extensions for cases like this, I just haven’t gotten around to buying one yet. As for the actual size of the drain plug, I’m not sure. It can probably be found in the service manual via the PDF’s listed in the First Gen Discussion portion of the forums.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,111 Posts
There is a plate on the engine drain hole that has to be removed for the valve to fit properly.
You can get the F-106 with the extra long extension for a 3/8 in. drain line.
The size of the valve is 14 mm and has a 1.5 mm thread.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
284 Posts
There is only one engine oil drain plug. #17 in the drawing.
block.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts