Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received word from Bernardi Auto parts that the Insight OEM filter has been discontinued and replaced by #15400-PLM-A02. at $4.92 (as opposed to $6.40 for the older version).

Is this filter as good as the original?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

Bernardi says that Honda is now using the same filter on all Hondas, including, for the first time, the Insight.

Does any one know of this? Bernardi has been reliable in the past.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update #2

At the risk of being the only person to reply to a thread I created ......

I have now talked to a local Honda dealer who confirms that the original Insight-specific filter has been discontinued. He did not know if there were any advantages to either the original or new filter but I wonder why there was a filter specifically for the Insight in the first place. It must have had some advantages. I believe it was smaller that the filter for all other Hondas .

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have been using the same Honda oil filter in my Insight that I use in my 93 civic for a while now. I buy it in bulk through my Honda motorsports club (HADA). It's just a little longer and fits perfectly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: Update #2

Polipe said:
I wonder why there was a filter specifically for the Insight in the first place.
There wasn't. The filter for the Insight existed prior to the Insight being sold, as it was used on some Honda motorcycles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts