Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer told me yesterday that there is a shortage of the additive used to make 0w20 oil and won't be getting anymore till February. They've never lied to me yet so I went and bought some synthetic 5w-20 as I'm overdue. The oil light came on twice yesterday as I slowed down and went into autostop. Also, my mileage really sucks. Not sure how long I dare drive it like this, but FYI, next time, I'll just go to the dealer I don't trust as much or call a Toyota dealer to buy some oil.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oil changed

I had it changed again, today. Hopefully all's better

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
followup

The oil light has never some back on since. Lesson learned...NEVER EVER PUT ANYTHING BESIDES 0W-20 IN THIS CAR

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
problem fixed

I had the oil changed the next day (with the correct oil) and it hasn't messed up once. Also, it didn't mess up at all until the other oil. I'm just happy it works. :p

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't know what to say

but it made a difference in my car. I only had the problem WITH that oil. As soon as the oil was changed the problem went away. I'm just glad it's working right :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
monitoring

I'll do that. thanks! No worries, mate? :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.