Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the mishimoto oil catch cans or the 10 bar oil coolers ? I am looking at doing both soon , just wanted to see if there is any knowledge I should be imparted with . If you go to their website it's the small aluminum can and the universal oil cooler kit . Thanks ! - Matt

·
Registered
59 Posts
i would go with the oil catch can not the oil cooler

i installed the can at 7,000 mi and it does catch a small amount of oil
and water vapor from taking short trips.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
If you plan to go boosted get an oil cooler. I got 2 catch cans, both still sitting in their boxes. :confused: I got an oil filter sandwich adapter, an oil temp, oil psi meter too. :confused:

Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter Honda B18 B18A1 B18B1 B18C1 | eBay

I have the tinted 7 color mechanical gauges. The oil filter sandwich adapter has 3 connections. The third one I am going to use for an active or passive oil cooler myself and would either plumb to the valve cover or oil pan, depending on which is easier to tap. I may use 2 coolers, 1 from the turbo to the panand another one for the oil in general.

Just not enough time in the day.

Oh, you can tap both the breather hose on the rear of the engine top of the valve cover and the pcv on the left side bottom center of the intake manifold near the dip stick.

·
Registered
59 Posts
after 3000 miles i was able to prevent a few oz of oil/water mix from entering the intake causing carbon build-up

this is my setup does not look high tech but it works well

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts