Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My insight has 92000 miles on it. The battery doesn't seem to be holding a charge well. I had 3 resets yesterday and usually have 2 to 3 a week now. The IMA light hasn't come on. Is there any chance of me getting the battery replaced under warranty?

Thanks,
Tom in NJ
lmpg = 56

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
They won't talk to you unless your IMA light is on. They do seem to be rather generous with out of warranty help for Insight batteries though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't think they'll do anything until the IMA light comes one. However, my Insight is at about 130K miles and Honda is covering the battery, BCM, MCM as well as the labor. Just make sure you ask the dealer to inquire about "goodwill" on the warranty and a call to Honda Customer Service wouldn't hurt. I think that phone call really helped me.

·
Registered
466 Posts
run it HARD! the sooner a cell fails the sooner you can ask for a new battery.

andy g.

·
Registered
130 Posts
gobuchul74 how lenient do you think they will be, like second owner, purchased used while already out of warranty? (like 120,000mi)?

I'm sure its a pipedream but just thought I would see how your experience went.

The batt in mine seems a little weak as well, it will charge to 100% but it discharges really quickly! Like two or three full throttle launches and it is back down to 4 bars or so...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for the info, but I think I figgered out where the lackluster batt performance was coming from.

One of the ground wire connections was completely rotted out and had nearly completely detached. I am replacing with custom made high quality copper braid fully shielded 8 gauge stereo cable. With high flow gold plated o-ring crimp-ends.

This should help greatly, based on the reports from others who have discovered nearly gone ground connections.

I will post the rest of the story and photos in the ground wire issues thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts