Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**** UPDATE **** Event thread is live. https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/hybrid-socials-events/123647-insightfest-2019-more-power-k-swap-lithium-more.html

On March 27 I will be making the official announcement for InsightFest 2019.
The 6th annual National get together for Insight owners and enthusiasts.

To mix things up, this year it will be held in a new Midwest location.
In fact, it is in a state we've never held it before.

I've also chosen to move the date further into the year to link up with another great event that I think you guys will like.

Hopefully this means more of you will attend.

I've already reached out to a few of you to get some feedback and solicit assistance.
I appreciate the help and not letting the cat out of the bag quite yet.

Don't worry, you don't have to keep the secret much longer....

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Awesome! Looking forward to this!

·
Super Moderator
4,690 Posts
Not EVERYONE! :) No matter. I'll be there anyway.

Sam

·
Administrator
10,615 Posts
i'm intrigued as to the venue and location of nearest airport and connecting flights to international hubs like PHL.. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Can't wait to hear the time and place! Hoping I can manage to go, but it might be tough, I've got tons of vacation trips this year. We'll see. I think the last one I made it to was two years ago at that maker spot(forgot the name).

·
Premium Member
9,677 Posts
I'm guessing somewhere in Kansas.
(Closer to Campo I hope)

Willie

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Another person asked about camping.
Once it is announced maybe you two can work together to find something for us.

Event is in a very urban areas with lots of chain retail shopping and highways nearby. I have not checked camping options yet.

I'm signing hotel contract in the next week. King rooms and rooms with two queen beds. Breakfast included. Indoor pool.

·
Premium Member
9,677 Posts
How about any single rooms at the hotel? I'm only allowed to travel for 36 hours or 2175 miles, I hope it is within those boundaries.

Willie

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I just googled campgrounds.
Nearest campground is 12 miles away from the hotel and is $36-39 per night for up to 6 people.

That was my first that came up.
Maybe you'll find something better.

·
Administrator
10,615 Posts
Think I will be coming from UK.

I think I may well attend this event this year. Be nice to see some old and new faces.
I'll bring over a few bits and bobs, or as much as I can stuff into my suitcase.

I suggest the organisers PM / email everyone who attended the last few events and the one at Gerald's place a few years ago. We had one chap from New Zealand IIRC.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Been a working on the moving pieces that make up InsightFest 2019.

First. Wow. Peter, it would be great to see you here again and help get your wares in the hands of more Insight community members. Gotta say, while this will be a cool event it may be a bit tamed down from last time you came. We won't have the advantage of staying on a members private property. But at least it should be a bit cooler temperatures than the last one you attended. (July in Indiana on a black top parking lot was a scorcher.) I have moved the date to a bit later in the summer so that should help.

The shop I'm working with has been very receptive to my requests for what we need for InsightFest. We've been working through basics like insurance, shop needs, parking needs, etc. Shop owner is a real nice guy.

The shop will be our base for Friday and Saturday. We'll have the usual stuff. Demos. Swap meet. Presentations. Maybe a panel discussion or two.

Friday night Eat and Greet (hosted). Saturday sit down dinner (pay on your own).

The hotel is about 10 minutes from the shop. Nice rooms. Breakfast included,etc. I'm hammering out the contract, price, and amenities. Hopefully have a private meeting room there in addition to the public spaces.

Sunday we will move our base to another location for something big that we've never done before as a group. It is a cool site and I'll share more details about it in the announcement on the 27th. I'm working with several entities at the site to make sure inurance, space needs, and other financial and contractual things are settled.

Also still hashing through registration forms, database for info, and registration fee. It will likely be $75. With an additional $25 (optional) fee for the Sunday event dependent on your level of participation. Hopefully I can do an early registration discount.

Plenty of other phone calls and emails flying around. Doing the planning from hundreds of miles away is a bit more challenging than using my own shop in a town near me. I'll do my best to have a great event. And if there are hiccups hopefully you guys can cut me some slack given the logistics.

As far as contacting past participants. I'll do my best, but it will also be up to you guys to make sure you tell every Insight owner about this national event. It's fine if people hear about it and choose not to come. But I'd hate for someone to miss it simply because they hadn't heard about it.

Anyway. The 27th isn't too far away.

Plenty to do!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Denver would be a great place! HaHa!

Seriously hoping this works out with my schedule, I'd love to see a bunch of Insights and owners.

Thanks for all the work putting this together.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There's been a Colorado event put on by Insight of the Rockies club. Usually mis summer. Don't know if they have anything planned for this year.

Hang out under the stars. Talk cars.

If they have it, you should definitely chip in with the planning. Great guys.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
31 Replies
15 Participants
jime
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing