Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Great site. Does battery assy include the 12 volt battery. Seams a lot of owners would like to keep the same battery. What do you think. Have fun, RIck

·
Registered
700 Posts
Re: Online parts source with Parts breakdown pictures and pr

cakley said:
....I wanted to replace the coil packs-- untill I saw the price was 60 each.
It could be worse. "You coulda had a V-8!" :wink:

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Rick Reece,
I've inquired about whether or not they can get the oem battery, they can't. They, like every other dealership, can only get the civic battery. On that note, the Furukawa's are made in Japan, I wounder how many you'd have to order to get some shipped over to the US. They'd have to ship them dry, but that would be even better because they could stay indeffinitely for later activation and use. Battery acid is cheap enough.

Cakley, keep us updated as I know you will. Don't feel so bad about the cost of the parts. I have a friend who has a newer suburban with 90,000 miles on it that needs 8 new fuel injectors at $90 a pop, and they are on back order. Then factor in about the hour labor for R&R, not a pretty job.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you'll notice they don't show the cost of the main battery :?

The site is kinda nice just to look at the pictures/

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Theirs nor any dealership computer shows the main battery pack. It is blank with a "call service line" or something like that there. They won't send it unless you have the proper code for replacment if it's under warranty. And if your outside warranty they do that so they can get the old one back for recycling.

But yes an excellent cross reference.

·
Registered
71 Posts
bra for insight

anyone know best place to purchase bra for 2001? thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts