Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i just imported honda insight 2009 from japan. and it has millage around 35000km. but i have been driving off three days now and MID only show 10.4-10.5 km/L on millage. and on display info show HMMF, does it because of gear oil need to be changed? and i filled up octane 92 and does it effect millage at all? i am doubting if anything wrong in my car? any one suggest to improve millage? thanks

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Please include your location in your profile.

Willie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi i have been driving in a week now mostly in downtown area and the distance is around 12 km to 20km .the speed is around 30-40 km and yesterday was about 11.9 km/l.. i know is not normal since everyone else talking about 15 km/l and but the display screen show HMMF sign.. does it mean i need to change gear oil ?or what type?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm wondering if the IMA battery is depleted? Perhaps from a long import process? How is the regular, under the hood battery? Have you checked the tire pressures?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi i have been driving in a week now mostly in downtown area and the distance is around 12 km to 20km .the speed is around 30-40 km and yesterday was about 11.9 km/l.. i know is not normal since everyone else talking about 15 km/l
Keekee -
Those speeds sound very low, it sounds like most of your driving is at or below 25 mph by my reckoning. The CVT is never getting into a higher range. I've only had my 2012 Insight for a few months but I think the optimum cruising speed has been between 35-50 mph (56-80 km/h). Any accelerating below 20 mph seems to draw some assist, just like the Gen 1's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
BrianZ54
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing