Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, first off, I *finally* saw another Insight yesterday on the 401 in Toronto.

If you happen to be the driver of a robin's egg blue Insight who passed me yesterday (I'd be the driver silver Insight driver waving like a derranged lunatic) and got off at Allen Road exit, please message me!

My partner saw this same turquoise-y blue Insight in Waterloo around Philip and Albert a few weeks ago. He told me about the colour, and I didn't quite believe him, because they only come in navy, red, silver, and that citrus yellow (green) in Canada.

Or so I thought.

Third picture from the right on this page over in the knowledge base http://www.insightcentral.net/KB/photos/index.html has this great colour.

What year did they offer this colour? Was it a Japanese import only option, like white and black?

I really like my silver car, but, :shock: that turquoise/robin's egg blue/whatever you want to call it looks fantastic![/url]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Opal,

I have that colour of Insight, and it's probably me that your partner saw at Philip and Albert. My Insight hasn't seen Toronto or the 401 though, so that must have been someone else.

That beautiful blue was available in 2001 in Canada. In 2002, Canada got "Monte Carlo Blue" instead. There's a good timeline of the colour changes here:

http://www.insightcentral.net/KB/faq-accessories.html

Here's a picture of my sexy Insight:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yarg. Okay, I know you've sent me a picture of your car before. :oops:

I thought, for some unknown reason, that you had the Monte Carlo blue and the light was just reflecting oddly. *thwaping head against desk*

That is one gorgeous Insight. At some point we're going to have to see if the KW owners will meet up somewhere so we can all point and stare - we seem to have invested in a wild array of colour options.

Thanks for solving the mystery! :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I"ll show up for that!

Maybe one of you southern ontario Insight owners what to buy my OEM tires? They are in very good condition.
I'm going to upgrade to Toyo Proxies T1-S 195/55/R14 in a few weeks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Insight Colour

That color Insight was also available in Japan (along with a charcoal grey, I believe). I have a 1:43 die-cast scale model (EBBRO) of the Japanese version of the Insight in that "robin's egg" color.
Mine is MC Blue, but at the time EBBRO didn't make a model of the Insight in that color. The model I have is also right-hand drive. Very nicely detailed.

-Jim

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Opal, I have an 01 in the aquamarine blue and it wasn't until I had for about a week that I realised that it is a metalic :oops:
I first thought I wanted a silver one but not sorry I got blue.
In Japan it is called Oxygen blue and the only reason I can figure is that it might be the colour you would tun if you weren't getting any :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, liquid oxygen happens to be blue, so maybe that's where they got the idea. :) I love being a Physics Major!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts