Honda Insight Forum banner

Ooops... I got banned for saying I get 90 mpg!

11641 Views 116 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  Rick Reece
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ult ... 3;t=000677

My handle is "farfel" (Seinfeld reference). I read the post, and figured this would be a great opportunity to educate these car folks about hybrids. Their response:

- First they called my 90 mpg claim "bs"...
- then they pulled my membership.

HA! Lesson learned:
- Be careful what you say to non-hybrid folks.
- They'd rather censor you than learn.
:lol:

EDIT: I humbly request all who read this go to that website, and tell them how WRONG they are.... i.e. tell them your MPG. Thanks.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
599 Posts
My short reply:
All too frequently some of the sorriest people in the world are forum administrators (not here obviously). :( You really get to see what a mockery "Playing God" is because they are pathetically lacking in both intelligence and decency.

I was on a forum that stated they were family-friendly, but that would depend on if you considered The Jerry Springer Show tasteful. :twisted: The administrator would act like a good-natured bleeding-heart while encourageing trollers to harass well-behaved people. Few things are more disgusting than a shepard turning the wolves on the sheep while claiming to be the protector. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I will join that site and annoy them by telling them the truth.

· Registered
599 Posts
el_vacho said:
...Yes, they were rude to you, and yes, the public needs to be educated...You won't win them over, just piss them off, and then they'll have negative feelings associated with hybrids.
...so just give up to the rude and ignorant? I might address hybrids tactfully, but I'm not surrendering to these cavemen that don't realize it's the 21st Century.

Edmund Burke should have said:
All it takes for Stupidity to succeed is for the Educated to do nothing.
:D :D :D

· Registered
599 Posts
My observations:

- This morning I got 78 mpg cruising at about 60 mph in Dallas, much of it in the high 80's before leaving the freeway on the final streach.

- 90 mpg is unfortunately a good point to argue on because it can be done, but it's at the edge of what's possible. In many places, traffic makes it difficult to drive for extreme mpgs.

- I moderate for a pet forum and just don't understand the urge some people have to disrupt. I'm just saying in general some people love to create strife for fun. To whomever it applies - please get a life.

- If (the shoe fits) someone is dishonestly claiming 90 mpg, that's worse in my books than the 9 mpg monster truck driver. Claiming to be an extreme mpg hybrid driver fraudlently defames the rest of us.

- Time will tell who is helpful and who is trolling

- That's all I have to say

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.