Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering my audiobahn speakers right now... I have a quick question the front and rear speakers are 5 1/2 right
b/c the speakers I am ordering are 5.25

EDIT:: Nevermond i just took the cover off and measured it. they are 6.25

·
Registered
39 Posts
Audiobahn AN6000

Hi,

I just ordered 2 pair of AudioBahn AN6000. I have about researched myself to death lookin at all the options, specs, etc. Circuit City sells these speakers for $139 per set. I got them at http://www.bsless.com for only $68 (X2 = 136 + $10 shipping = $146). They are low prifile, 100W RMS 2-way speakers. (I have 2004, so I ordered 2 sets). I like them because they "Should" fit 3-hole configuration -- dropping in with NO mods. I also bought 2 pair of Honda speaker wire adapters from Circuit City for $6.99 each (free shipping on their web site). I am ashamed to admit I have ordered these without hearing them, and with little knowledge of them as they are not frequently talked about on the internet. I hope I haven't made a mistake, but they at least look good. I decided to get higher-power-handling 100W RMS speakers in ordre that they would match a higher power head unit (assuming if and when I decide to replace the stock one).

Which Audiobahn speakers did you order? How do they sound? Mine should be here next week.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't buy Audiobahn AN6000!

Well, I just got the Audiobahns, and they are garbage.

First, they are too large to fit (even though they say 6-1/2), they are larger -- mounting holes don't come anywhere close to the 3-holes for screws.

While the depth is fine, they would be pretty tough to mount.

I hooked one up to see how they sounded, and they sound much worse than the stock 2004 speakers. (I held them firmly in the speaker area, and still sounded like crap). The are featherweight ... magnet only weighs 1.25 ozs. I don't see how anything good could come out of these speakers. Oh well, 15% restocking charge here I come!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts