Discussion Starter #1
Whose do you think this is? I think I know (think toxic element):

Number 1

This is an interesting one (and a little sad, too, I guess):

Number 2

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Number 1 definitely looks familiar. I thought he was going to install a flux capacitor and a trailer hitch.

Jim

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looks like #1 (mr poison) also took down all of his Insight info from his website. I guess the Insight wasn't cool enough for him. :?

·
Registered
166 Posts
the trailer hitch was a joke... but the whole thing behind selling it has nothing to do with being cool enough. it's an awesome car. But it's too hard to go surfing, and its small. I purchased an SUV.

I took down the website because I have no more time to work on it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Prompts the question...

One can't strap on a surfboard to a Saris roof rack?

Is there a roof weight limit, then?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Boards inside... I can fit 3 shortboards inside my Insight w/ no passengers, or 1-2 plus a passenger. The passenger would be a bit uncomfortable and I'd hate to think of the outcome of airbag-surfboard-passenger interaction. That's ok -- I prefer to surf alone. I can fit a board up to 7'6" length inside.

Racks... Any roof racks void the Insight warranty, and putting a surfboard atop the Insight that won't fit inside the Insight is going to result in a lot of stress and strain on the board and on the roof.

I sold my 9'6" Yater spoon when I got my Insight since I had no way to transport it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
huh...

Seems odd that a car that needs to maintain a safety cage in a rollover accident would void a warranty installing a roof rack.

It's not a standard practice; I've had warranty work done on a car with a prominent Thule system.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i have an al merrick 6'2 and 5'6. But the insight is not going to work on a beach in hurricane conditions. Like when we went to Sebastian during hurricane francis. I need moire like a jeep, or SUV. [/code]

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hello Arsenic,

"on a beach in hurricane conditions", this is why you needed a boat
(or a trailer for your boat)

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Re: huh...

jsanford said:
It's not a standard practice
Nevertheless it is noted quite prominently in the owners manual.

My guess is that in practice a reasonable dealer won't refuse to do warranty work on the engine because of something done up on the roof. Magnusson Moss probably requires such behavior. IANAL.

Personally I don't like racks; I prefer to stash the boards inside to keep them from getting stolen. I had a picture a few years back of my Insight with all 3 boards in it... I will post it if I can find it...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yves M. said:
Hello Arsenic,

"on a beach in hurricane conditions", this is why you needed a boat
(or a trailer for your boat)

what are you smoking. lol. the boat would have been destroyed like everyone elses that was left in the ocean.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Re: huh...

Tim Maddux said:
jsanford said:
It's not a standard practice
Nevertheless it is noted quite prominently in the owners manual.

My guess is that in practice a reasonable dealer won't refuse to do warranty work on the engine because of something done up on the roof. Magnusson Moss probably requires such behavior. IANAL.

Personally I don't like racks; I prefer to stash the boards inside to keep them from getting stolen. I had a picture a few years back of my Insight with all 3 boards in it... I will post it if I can find it...
I have never heard of someone stealing someones board in florida.
So you are on the west coast... That's awesome. So have you surfed "JAWS" lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts