Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a dummy. I was using a snow blower to dig out my driveway and I let the blower slide into the side of my Insight :(
Now I have a 12 inch scratch on the rear side panel that extends from near the door onto the wheel well cover. The scatch is down to metal :oops:
My questions are:
1. Has anyone successfully repaired a deep scratch with touch uo paint???
(I quess I need to bite the bullet and go to a body shop for a real repair.)
2. Are there particular issues with the Insight's finish and with an aluminium body I need to be concerned about.
3. Is it better to go to Honda for the repair since they will use Honda specified materials?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Is it just a scratch or did it effect the underlying metal? If it's just a scratch see if you can find an air brush toucher in your area. I have a lady that does this and it's amazing how well they can make a scratch disappear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it is just a scratch.
Thanks for the idea of airbrushing 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it covered by your comprehensive insurance?

Someone broke my window and put a one-inch scratch in my door. I went to the body shop recommended by my insurance company. It cost a staggering $1,500 to fix (fortunately covered by insurance), but when I got the car back I couldn't believe it, there is absolutely no trace whatsoever of the scratch. I don't know how they did it, but I guess that's their business...

If you do go to a body shop, though, make sure they know not to cook your battery when curing the paint.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Perfect opportunity to get a custom paint scheme put on. Maybe a big diagonal "insight" logo that just happens to cover the scratch... :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, right...customize 8)
I can see the price tag climbing already ;)
Maybe I will have a nice script saying INSIGHT HYBRID painted on.
A peace sign and a "green" logo thrown in and I can officially call it my "hippy" car.
Flashbacks to the 60's.

·
Registered
171 Posts
One nice thing is since the Insight is aluminum you won't have to worry about it rusting, so you won't have to worry about getting it fixed immediately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts