Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm an Insight owner in the Providence, RI area, wondering if there are other owners near me who might like to get together some time over the summer for an Insight meetup.

Lloyd

·
Registered
40 Posts
Owner in Providence, RI area

Hello,

I'm a new Insight owner (2003 blue CVT) in East Greenwich. I'd be interested in meeting up some time. I have yet to spot another Insight.

Gene

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Owners in Providence, RI area

Gene,

I'll try sending you a private message to get in touch. Not sure how that process works but I'll try. We have a date of August 5 set up and three other owners so far.

Lloyd

·
Registered
34 Posts
I live in NH, but have relatives in RI (North Kingstown), so I am occaisionally in the area and would be interested.

Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Insight owners meetup in Providence

Chris, I sent you a private message through the board. If you don't receive it, please post again.

Thanks,
Lloyd

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Lloyd,

I just replied to your PM and, as it happens, will be in the area next weekend. Looking forward to a meet.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
I live in North Providence RI

I am planning on going to the

"possible CT/new england meet"

at mike's .... which is not that far from North Providence.

I drive a silver / grey 2000 insight with MIMA and FAS in it.

later

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About our meetup in Providence, here are the details I have so far. The date is Sunday, August 5, at 5PM. The location is on the East Side of Providence but might move slightly depending on how many people plan to show up.

I have set up a disposable email address where you can contact me directly for more details. I'll just shut it off after plans are all set up. The email is

o77c-uty2 at spamex.com

I'll also respond via private message through the board.

This is just to get together and swap stories and experiences with other owners, no formal events or plans. We might all go out to dinner somewhere cheap afterwards.

Lloyd

·
Registered
702 Posts
i will most likely be there :)

it will be my first hybrid meet :D

PM sent

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Meetup in Providence on Sunday, August 5, at 5PM

Here are the details for the Insight owners meetup in Providence, RI, this Sunday, August 5, at 5PM. The original plans were to meet at someone's house, so I was being more private with the details. It turned out there was a last minute conflict there, so we're meeting in a restaurant parking lot. Therefore, there's no privacy of address to worry about, and I'm just putting out all the info for anyone who wants to attend.

We will be meeting in the parking lot of the Greggs Restaurant on North Main Street in Providence. It's a casual family restaurant, not expensive. The address is 1303 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02904. Since I'm expecting a small number of cars, I didn't talk to the restaurant about it. I figure if a few of us plan to have dinner there, they won't mind. If it turns into a big crowd, there's a much larger area a few blocks away.

For a Mapquest map showing this location, please click here:
http://tinyurl.com/2a6raf
For you GPS types, the coordinates are 41-51-24.0N, 71-23-57.4W

Directions coming from the north (Boston, NH, etc): Get on Route 95S, take exit 25 (Smithfield Avenue/North Main Street). Stay to the left side of the exit and turn left. The road curves around a little, follow it to the first stop sign which is Frost St. Turn left onto Frost St, go about a block then left to North Main. Go through 3 lights and Greggs is on your right. We'll be at the far end of the parking lot. The cross Street there is Hillside.

Directions coming from the South, West, and East: From CT, you'll end up on 95N. Coming from the Cape, take 195W into 95N. On 95N take exit 25A, North Main Street. The exit leads you to North Main, where you turn left onto North Main. Go through 3 lights and Greggs is on your right. We'll be at the far end of the parking lot. The cross Street there is Hillside.

There are no formal plans or events, we'll just get together and swap stories and experiences, and maybe have dinner at Greggs.

I don't want to publish my cell phone number on the internet, but I will have it on as an emergency contact or if you get lost. For that number, please email me at
[email protected]
and I'll send it to you.

See you then!

Lloyd

·
Registered
702 Posts
is anyone else from west of providence(traveling I-95N to get there) going to this meet who might be interested in driving up together? send me a PM if interested

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pictures from Providence meetup

To the guys who came to the Insight owners meetup in Providence (Don from the Cape, Gene from East Greenwich, David from Providence, Eric from CT, Gary and Rich from Dighton):

Just wanted to say I posted the pictures to my Shutterfly account so you can view them or have them printed. These are partly mine and partly Gary's. You don't have to register to view them. Sorry for the delay in getting them posted. If you want the digital files let me know and we'll figure out a way to get them to you.

Thanks again for coming!

Shutterfly album link:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... 2zlm3YtH4Q

Lloyd

·
Registered
1 Posts
re : Owners in Providence, RI area?

hey i am new here in this forum and also i am new owner of Insight in Providence, RI area, and here i am ready for meetup this summer 2013. so guyz can we meet in this summer with insight.

Providence Locksmith

1 - 14 of 14 Posts