Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light came on today at 50820 miles, and after checking for the gas cap, I brought it in. Code is P0141, which they say is the oxygen sensor. They want almost $400 to replace it. The real kicker is that the part is under warranty to 50000 miles. Any other possibilities or ideas?

Seth

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Argue with them. This is so close to 50k. They really should do it free. I have had a similar experience and they put it on warranty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got the "no" from the service manager, who in theory checked with somebody else. I should probably try the main Honda line, I guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
O2 sensor

what was the end result of your sensor problem. my sensor went at 90k or so. i have been driving with it out for nearly 6 months, but am thinking of replacing it myself if i can find a good replacement price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
O2 Sensor failure conditions...

In my case the O2 sensor caused the complete lack of power assist. Charging still worked though.
Once the sensor was replaced, the power assist functioned correctly, fuel consumption improved and also a stumbling/bucking problem at cruising speed disappeared.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts