Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Insight Automatic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just got a new (to me) honda insight, 2005 automatic, 140k miles.

When I first got the car it was dead and did nothing, no crank, no start, no dashboard lights. I jumped the battery and it turned on fine but the battery lights never came on. CEL and IMA light both lot up. I took the battery to get load tested, they said it was bad so I now have a new 12volt battery

Doing as much research as I could, I've decided to ignore the first code that came on. I'm now working on trying to resolve the last two codes to get the IMA light off.

My research has shown that I should check the ground straps, all those seemed fine using a test light you would for a fuse. I also tested all fuses in both the hood and the interior of the car. My research then showed I should probably replace that large fuse in the battery with a little fuse L50s100. So I'm waiting for that part as well as a grid charger to see if I can get this car running. I see people talk about checking to see if the fan for the rear battery comes on, I've not yet seen that come on.

Anyways guys, if anyone has any suggestions or comments that might also steer me to what might be my issue I'm all ears as the parts shouldn't arrive till Saturday. I'm very excited.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,325 Posts
Please include your Location in your Profile, as ALL G1 Insighters have done.
Thank You.
Welcome to the ELITE FAMILY.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You.
I am on mobile currently. I think I have done that? I will check when I get home. Thanks for the welcome. I've seen your name alot on the posts when I was researching my issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You.
Hey Willie, when i got home I ended up seeing that its a profile setting and not a "post" setting. Thank you for that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, the fuse came in early, I was able to replace the fuse today after a hike.

I let the car sit for 5 minutes idling and also let it rev at ~3500 for 5 minutes.

I am one CEL code down: P0135, p1570 persist. EPS light now comes on :c

IMA battery still does not come on far as i can tell. it's fan has not once spun. though it could be a bad fan? will test later when my grid charger gets in.

Sounds like when I start the car, the battery wants to turn on, i hear a click come from back there and then immediate silence as the IMA light comes on.

I saw on another forum someone suggested removing all the connections within the ima battery and then plugging them back in, checking for damage, I didn't see any damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts