Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a friend's 2003 Insight CVT with only 100k miles she is getting ready to sell and I cannot get rid of these two CELs. I replaced both primary and secondary O2 sensors with Walker 250-54005 & 250-24477. I've tested for power getting to the O2 sensors. I tested the resistance of the O2 sensors. I checked both fuses under the dash associated with these two sensors (4 & 14). I've cleared the codes with a ScanGauge II, but the P0141 comes back almost immediately and then the P0134 usually follows minutes later. I disconnected the 12v negative lead over night and still get these codes. I've waited for full operating temp, cleared the codes and they still come back. I read one post stating it takes three consecutive good readings before it shuts off. Is that true?

Although the 2 front ground straps are in tact, I'm suspicious of their continuity. I don't get any continuity at the bolts of each end of the ground straps. If I scrape and am patient, sometimes I'll get continuity at the terminals and of course, I get continuity at each end of the actual wires, so I plan to replace those this evening after work. Any other leads as to why these two codes will not go away?

·
Registered
145 Posts
check fuse #14 ? Cat bad? Buy the shortest ~$4 battery ground cables from walmart and just replace the straps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check fuse #14 ? Cat bad? Buy the shortest ~$4 battery ground cables from walmart and just replace the straps.
Yeah, I checked fuse #14. It drives perfectly fine and gets up to speed and holds it well and had never thrown a P0420 code. I have some 8ga wire I'll make a couple ground straps out of tonight and see what happens. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts