Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my CEL came on the oterh day so i just got back from autozone where i used their OBDII tool.
i got the above codes. research here tells me it could be the main O2 sensor and the battery pack.

I JUST HAD MY BATTERY PACK REPLACED!
the IMA light had come on last november and i got the car back in Jan with a new pack, BCM, and MCM.
could this code be residual?

BTW: the car was purchased used and had LMPG of around 52. we were getting consistent 64 mpg tanks but lately (4 months) i am really trying hard to get high 50's.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
You can pay for more than you get, but you always get what you pay for.

And this is free :p :

P1162 is a possible primary (LAF) O2 sensor failure.
Further diagnosis is warranted.

P1147 according to the Insight factory service manual and Honda S.B. 03-020, ODBII DTCs and Their Associated Monitors, is not a valid OBD11 code (at least not used by Honda).

A P1647 indicates an IMA system fault of undetermined origin. You need to pull the IMA sub-code which requires the Honda DCS or manually "blink" its base code.

AFAIK your replacement pack is warranted 12/12 so I wouldn't clear it without letting your dealership get a look first.

Computers "glitch" for all kinds of reasons. If after clearing the code it dosen't return in a reasonable time, or under the same driving conditions that initially caused it, it was probably a "glitch".

HTH! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ooops. its P1447
thats what the search here was saying is the battery

1 - 3 of 3 Posts