Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a beautiful 2002 Insight only to be met by disappointment this morning when I went to have it smogged and received an error code of P1444.

I'm sending out an SOS to you for ideas on how to diagnose the issue, hoping that it is not something catastrophic! I'm brand new to insights and to the forum, so please excuse any ignorance or naivete on my part!

info about the car:
The car has a cell balancer installed made by Hybrid Automotive LLC. It is a black and red box shaped model. I've seen this mod discussed in other p1444 threads and suspect that an improper install could be a possible source of the error code.

It shows no other signs of problems: no IMA light and the battery shows a full charge on the dash. The only other thing I can think of is that the MPG reading on the dash did not update/change in the hour I drove the car last night.

The previous owner has kept exhaustive record of all work done on the car, and I'd be happy to offer any other information I can to get help from the forum!

Thank you and I look forward to getting any help you can offer!

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Insightouted:

Sorry for the delayed response.

Your 1444 high voltage short circuit could be a potentially dangerous situation, and as you've noted, possibly a harness install issue. If you are not mechanically confident, you should not attempt to get into the pack compartment without some sound guidance; you could be electrocuted.

Consider updating your profile with your general location, there may be an Insighter nearby willing to lend a hand. In the meantime, here is a link to Jeff's (Hybridautomotive) website and his install procedure for his harness. You may also want to consider contacting Jeff directly, he is a stand-up guy.

Please update the forum with any progress on your situation.

Regards,

·
Super Moderator
5,020 Posts
The grid charger isn't plugged into the harness, is it?

Sam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts