Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been dreading this.

I've replaced the battery two and a half years ago. Last week while driving the I noticed a negative recalibration. This morning I got another negative recal, after a few minutes the SoC guage shot up and the IMA light came on. Using the OBDIIC&C guage I pulled a P1447 P0000 P0000 code.

I'm rather cautious as I don't want to do any further damage. I have a Genesis One grid charger, I guess the logical next step would be to try to charge/balance the pack, but I'm not sure what charge profile to use. So, where do I go from here?

·
Super Moderator
9,268 Posts
From the Service Manual, P1447 is "Battery Module Deterioration." The car's battery management does a rather poor job of maintaining balance of the battery cells over time. Sometimes the code is associated with this problem.

I think your best course would be to contact Peter before you do anything else. He may want you to try grid charging, but he may want you to take other measures.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually meant what Run mode to use. I did have a word with Peter. We are going to try and do a low current charge. I've printed out the manual for the grid charger and will have a thorough read through.

·
Super Moderator
9,268 Posts
If like most, you will be really confused by that poorly written manual. I advise folks to skip the vast middle of the manual until they master the basics. Read the first 12pages, stopping at where it says "How the Grid Charger Works." Then go to the back around page 46 where it explains what the LCD abbreviations actually mean. After turning on the power, push the down button to put you on the bottom display line. Then you can push the right arrow to go through the various parameters. Only the parameters with an asterisk (*) can be edited. There are two options menus of 1&0 s which need to be edited to set up the basic functioning.

Maybe you have used it before??

Will you be using a discharger??

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,625 Posts
P-1447......I need a good balancing charge.
P-1449......Too late, now I need the full discharge routine.

My opinion....Willie

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a little update.

I've charged and ballanced the pack over a period of about 30 hours. I got a final reading from the Grid charger of 172.4V.

Took the car out for a long drive. The pack is holding a charge. Assist, regen, lean-burn and auto-stop all seems to be working fine for now.

Fingers crossed all will stay well

Thank you all for your input and help. (y)

Reactions: kennysmith

·
Super Moderator
9,268 Posts
That is really good news. Glad you could figure out the Genesis charger. If the charger came with the car, then most likely profile 1 is set to match the harness. Once you get a P1447, you really have to stay on top of battery maintenance. If you see a lot of negative recalibrations on your SOC gauge, that is certainly a sign to do another grid charge, or a grid charge/discharge cycle or two if you have the discharger. There is a thread on using the Genesis charger. It is here:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.