Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 CVT, 130,000 miles, battery replaced (Honda) in mid-2014

I receive a P1568 code (pulled from OBD2 scanner), but when I try to read the blink codes by grounding the two pins on the OBD2 port, the IMA light goes out (CEL still on, but can be reset). If I leave the jumper wire in the OBD2 port, the IMA functions without problem. The SOC remains within 2 bars of full, no matter how much I use the assist. If I pull the jumper, the IMA light will come on once I use assist or charge.

The car sat for a while (1 month), but the 12V battery was at 12.8 volts, which I charged fully. I replaced the 12V battery ground and the ground strap from the chassis to the motor mount. The ground strap from the chassis to the CVT has not been replaced and Honda no longer makes it, so I'm parting together a replacement.

Any ideas on what this might be?

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Sitting for a month is always a bad idea.

Confirm 12V is good with a load test.

Disconnect the 12V for about a minute, reconnect, start and allow the car to charge IMA at idle. Do this 3 times. Drive and see what happens.

The pin/light behavior sounds like a complete fluke. Are you sure you're doing it right? Check the link in my sig for blinking codes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the replies. After it sat overnight, everything is working, for the most part. The SOC still reads high, but will drop down to the last 4-5 bars after a while and will charge to full again. I'll see how long this holds out.

I've been dragging my feet on buying a grid charger, but I may just have to pull the trigger to keep some life in the IMA.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
That's a recalibration - typically a sign of a severely imbalanced battery if they happen more often than a blue moon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts