Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a recal the other day; the second since replacement of the IMA battery, BCM, and MCM in September of 2005. During the recal code P1607 appeared. I have tried several times to reset it with my ODB reader. It resets and then reappears in a few seconds. The car seems to be functioning normally after the recal completed.

Before I make an appointment with the dealer, is there anything else I can try myself? Would an IMA reset be appropriate? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,609 Posts
P1607 is an ECM, PCM malfunction.
Sometimes this code will appear when the system reboots itself for "smog emissions".
Had any work done on the car lately?
Start with a warmed up car then try making several short trips with it stoping the engine after each run and then retarting for the next run.
Don't clear the code, see if it goes off by itself after seveal trips.
If the CEL keeps comeing back on after that, you definately have a problem.HTH

Willie

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. No recent work since I changed the oil in July. I will try several short trips and see what develops. My schedule won't let me take it too the dealer for at least a couple of weeks anyway, so I should have a pretty good idea by then if the CEL is going to go away.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer pulled a P0607 code: Internal Malfunction of Powertrain Control Module. They have ordered a replacement under warranty. I was not charged for the diagnosis. I had them check the alignment as well and found some minor deviation from spec. They tell me that the new module should be delivered sometime next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts