Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 2011 insight for 4.5 years now. I recently became really bored driving it despite the high traffic in my area requiring me to stay alert all the time. I know I would love driving a stick shift again, but that's not my plan. I started using paddle shifters as a compromise, and learned I didn't have to sacrifice MPG much after all if I used the shifters wisely. It only takes a little practice to get used to. I know I can engage engine brake even in the drive mode, which seems to improve MPG a bit, but that's not my intention. I just need a fun factor out of insight.

I believe you can achieve comparable mpgs by staying below 70 mph and by wisely shifting gears in the city. I still miss the dynamic stick shift driving which is far more engaging, but paddle shifters give me a compromise that I can live with for now.

What is your experience with paddle shifting/S mode? Never had I thought I would use them again the first time I briefly tried them years ago.

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
Please click "User CP" above, then on left bar click "Edit your details" so that you can list a general location. This is very helpful to all, especially when you want some help:)

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
I suggest using the "Quick Links" tab. Your choice.

Willie

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, I've never driven a CVT (anything) with paddle shifters, but how does using the paddles differ from modulating the gas pedal? Every other CVT I've driven gives pretty proportional RPM to throttle percentage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Ecky
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing