Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pls help I know i know it's here but can't find it,my vin details are all in Jap , trying to find my correct colour,tried Google translate etc no joy any ideas anyone? Thanks

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Well, telling us what color is actually is would be a good start. Then perhaps the VIN plate photo rotated without the glare? It looks like red from the small area around the plate.

According to this site:
Honda Insight Touchup Paint Codes, Image Galleries, Brochure and TV Commercial Archives

Tango Red Pearl Code: R 525 P

Crimson Pearl Code: R 543 P

Milano Red Code: R81

If yours is not metallic or pearlescent, it's probably Milano Red

All 2nd generation Insights were made in Japan. I doubt there were JDM market exclusive colors.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,ref glare sorry,phone flash- it's red, according to Honda receipt it says Milano Red on one ,and on another receipt it says Passion Red- looked at Milano Red on a tin in Halfords ( motor accessories shop) doesn't look like it,was really hoping someone here could point me to where the exact code on the vin plate was,I've googled/ you tube etc no joy -thank you.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I have an old Honda Odyssey (a big minivan by European standards) the exterior is called Granite Green Metallic n the US and Fern Green Metallic in Canada. But the color code is the same.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔thanks👍 there's a thread here somewhere? ,that actually decodes the Japanese vin,,,,,,,as in points to the particular part of the vin where the paint code is,can't bloody find it? at least AFAIK it's here on insight central

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi thanks,was in Halfords, doesn't look like my paint at all,( judging by colour on tin etc- might be wrong)some one was careless with a shopping trolley I guess and left a scratch in the bumper, anyway I'll take another trip to Halfords tomorrow and double check 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
Garrydhu
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing