Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Hurricane repainted with the Monte Carlo Blue factory color, so she looks new. Also got additional layers of clear coat so that the paint job lasts. In the meanwhile, I've been playing with possible ways to jazz her up by playing with downloaded photos of another blue Insight.

One appearance design problem with the Gen 1 Insight is what I call "dumpy butt" syndrome, shown in the second pic. Because of the covered rear wheels (done for aerodynamics), the single-color car looks heavier in the rear. Also, since the Gen 1 car depends on low drag for it's high-speed performance, and has the lowest drag coefficient of any mass-market car, I tried to come up with a paint design that emphases the way that air flows over the car. After doodling around on Photoshop, I came up with something I really like. It's simple but does the job, and would be easy to do with vinyl decals.

And what happens when you push a design too far..

Do you see the mistake yet?

El Bandito Insight! Ooops... Arghhh! (Forgive me for the stereotype...)

Folks are welcome to use either one of these designs, though I'd like to get mention for them. It is so simple that someone else might have already done it....

Reactions: jime and minor4326

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
On a SilverStone, I think the front treatment would evoke something like this:

Otherwise your color w/ all the clears is gorgeous! :love:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a SilverStone, I think the front treatment would evoke something like this:
View attachment 89476

Otherwise your color w/ all the clears is gorgeous! :love:
Oh, that is hilarious!
My other car IS a Silver Stone Insight! I could make that one into a Raccoonisite, and add black rings on the tail end. Or a ringed tail (faux fur) flying from the antenna. Although we do have enough raccoons already here at the ranch. Glad you like the design. Also, feel free to modify. I didn't do anything on the roof.

If/when anyone uses these on their Gen 1, please post a photo of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.