Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

My car has a flashing "key light" on the dash, and it won't start. I tried trading keys, because the manual says it might be a key coding issue.

Not so much.

Radio works, dash works, key in ignition and makes no noise. It chugged a little, then nothing aftefr that. (Order of trials- first, nothing at all. Second, a little chug, third, back to nothing at all).

Is this a fuse? Inside or out? I looked at the fusebox to the fuel pump under the hood, and its fine. I haven't checked inside the car yet.

Any help would be appreciated so I can lower my blood pressure and stress levels. I've had this car for 6 weeks and love it, but I don't right now...

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The flashing key light means there's something wrong with the cars imobilizer, either the module has failed or needs to be re-programmed. Unfortunately about the only thing you can do is take it to the dealership or have a locksmith that specializes in automotive keys fix it. I had a key cut to keep in my wallet that was not a transponder key, I got the same effect as you are getting when I put the blank key in. First turn nothing, then after the second or third it would default to the conventional starter motor, but the ignition would not work (no spark).

I don't think I can recall any incident of this happening with an Insight yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts