Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only got about 1,500 miles on my Insight. Today I noticed that my parking brake handle was pulling up way too easy. But it would still click as I pulled it and hold the car in place once set, so I thought maybe it was my imagination.

Then tonight I set the brake and the lever pulled up like it should, with a little resistance. It also seems like my mileage is a bit low on the current tank of gas.

Has anyone experienced this? What could it be?

I have to take the car in Thursday, but I'd like to have some idea of what I should tell the service rep. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,920 Posts
easy brake lever

Sounds normal to me. Mileage will improve as the engine gets broken in. 1500 miles is not enough for break in. Which dealer are you going to? Tipton Honda in El Cajon has always treated me OK. Buy all my parts there, do my own labor. I WORK CHEAP.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normal?

It is normal when you apply the parking brake that sometimes the lever will pull right up with no resistance but other times have resistance similar to that which I always felt on my Civic SI and del Sol?

Why would it vary?

(I'm going to Weseloh in San Juan Capistrano as they need to replace some parts that were a part of the due bill on the car. I haven't decided where I will usually take it. I bought it at Weseloh because they had the car I wanted and were willing to deal a little.)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Also remember you have to "learn" how to drive this car for much better mpg. Its been talked about many times before, so read up.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Insighter,

It sounds like they simply need to adjust your parking brake. Pretty standard procedure. I've had it done on many cars, not just on Insights, just tell the guy what the problem is and he'll get it tightened up again. A good repairman will check it for you and fix it w/out you even having to ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts