Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive an old timer for quasi-cross posting.

Our 2002 Blue CVT with 190,000 miles is beyond my ability to repair and located at a shop in San Jose, CA with a dead engine and some other problems.

I am going to take her wheels tires and skirts and floor mats, but nothing much more.

A) Does anyone in the Bay Area have an interest in her after I take those items?

B) Does anyone have any suggestions to get the most value from her given that in the next 2-3 weeks minimum she needs to be gone from the shop location

or...

FREE to a good home or for $1 title sale

C) If her remains are going to a good home (like to a regular forum member who will put her parts to good use) the price will be FREE.

Do I need to sell for $1 to transfer title?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wow free...thats a good price! I have to say I'd be interested in getting one for free. I'd get her back on the road. I will say if someone else can grab it and save it or parts on here they should get it before me. I have my hand full with 5 insights now. So maybe could go to someone more deserving than myself. Just hate to see it go to scrap or a junkyard. Plus I just came to Boston on vacation so be a little hard to get it moved to East bay. Hope someone can grab it. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
You can give it away if you want. What was the compression reading from the dealer?

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Compression

You can give it away if you want. What was the compression reading from the dealer?
I will ask them.

Please note that the "Free" is after I steal the wheels, tires, skirts, floor mats.

If anyone wants her intact, please send me a PM and we can work out a price.

Thank you guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts