Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me an idea of which parts from which other models might be interchangeable with the Insight? Is there a list already I don't know about? It's nice to know options if something needs replacing (or modifying :wink: )
Such as:

wheels from 19?-2? civic,
side mirrors from xx civic
filters from xx whatever
headlights?
radiator
steering wheel
shift knob
etc.

If you know just one or more part(s), please post it, thanks.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Well, pretty much any wheel with a 4X100 bolt pattern will work, I wouldn't go too much more wide or heavy than the stock one though.

I know the cabin air filter is the same as a CRV uses.

Headlights are specific to the Insight and expensive to replace.

You can put a bunch of different aftermarket shift knobs and boots on it.

That help any?

·
Registered
89 Posts
interchangeable Honda parts

I've seen on car-part.com that the blower motor and a/c evaporator interchange with some other Hondas, if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
headlight assembly

The headlight assembly isn't the same as the Civic. Perhaps the bulbs are.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The Insight steering wheel is the same as the S2000 leather wheel. Oooo, how I'd like to get one of those. I think the Civic Si steering wheel will exchange as well.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Sparky5501 said:
The Insight steering wheel is the same as the S2000 leather wheel. Oooo, how I'd like to get one of those. I think the Civic Si steering wheel will exchange as well.

I've sat in a S before, the wheel is a bit larger than the Insight's. Same design and air bag I think, but the hub might be different. Probably a much cheaper alternative than spending $300 for a new S2000 wheel you could just have the oem one wrapped a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I've got a nice Momo shift-knob on my '00 Insight. Swift is supposedly making a batch of lowering springs for a few of us. S2000 Leather steering wheel, and S2000 seats said to fit.

Shortly after trading my 88 CRX SI for the Insight, I kept the CRX's 16x7 inch Konig Tuner wheels thinking they'd be cool for the Insight. I tried them on once and while I liked how it looked, the car didn't feel right. It felt sluggish, so I took them off. The front wheels looked really cool, but what turned me off was the fact that the rear wheel skirts would not fit over the 16x7's and it looked ugly without them skirts on.

I'm hoping some day I'll have enough money to get a set of custom CNC billet aluminum wheels machined specifically for this car. I want to keep stock size and weight, maybe less weight if possible, have a futuristic-tuner look, yet designed so they look like they belong. I hate add-on's. I like things that look like they belong there.

Hope that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts