Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still searching for an AC condenser for my 2000 Insight (the LHD part, 80110-S3Y-A01 is widely available, however I need the RHD version, 80110-S3Y-003, which is... not, outside of Honda UK who want a jaw-dropping price for it)

I've found it listed for a good price on the website parts-honda.uk, but this whole site smells fishy - it appears well put together, but there is almost no info on who owns/runs it, it appears to be based in France, and I can't find any reviews of it, good OR bad, or anybody who appears to have ordered anything from it. I'm leaning towards 'It's a huge scam', but I was wondering if anybody HAD placed any orders of anything from there?

Alternatively, if anybody has any better ideas where I might be able to source a RHD condenser, new or used, at a slightly less eye-watering price?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Could you just flip it around to make it work. Add some reverse thread female ends..I got one if your willing to reroute lines. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you just flip it around to make it work. Add some reverse thread female ends..I got one if your willing to reroute lines. Just a thought.
Unfortunately they are completely different parts, the LHD condenser has both ports at the left of the engine bay, the RHD has one at either end, I'm guess this is to facilitate the evaporator being on opposite sides of the car in LHD/RHD applications.

It would possibly work with custom lines, but at that point it would probably cost as much to have custom lines made as it would to buy the correct part in the first place.

·
Administrator
11,555 Posts
I looked at the French site and compared a few prices.

Weirdly it's not cheaper than Honda UK for a lot of stuff, but is for others.

The condenser is much cheaper on the site.
An IMA battery is much cheaper from Honda UK.
A CAT is cheaper on the site.
The nuts and bolts for the CAT are cheaper from Honda UK.

etc etc

Plus you also have postage, VAT? to add or maybe import duty? Not sure on that..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts