Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Engine-Off-Coast
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update of an old post. A bunch of the newer items have descriptions listed in a more recent post below. Scroll down to read about them. Prices include USA shipping where indicated, but I can get quotes for international shipping too.

Current Parts Available:
  • OEM Floormat Set -- NO HOLES -- $350 Shipped USA
  • Clutch Switch w/ LED Indicator $70 Shipped USA (I make these, see this video for a review, choose LED colour red, amber as in video, or white)
  • Complete IMA Battery with year 2005 Panasonic sticks, 77K miles, has thrown P1449 -- $400 Pick Up, can figure out shipping
  • Red Passenger-Side Rocker Panel $60 + Shipping or local pickup
  • Red Radiator Support Good Condition -- $80 + Shipping or local pickup
  • 2005 ABS Module (MT) -- No corrosion, looks clean -- $100 shipped USA
  • OEM Front License Plate Bracket for 2000-2006 -- $45 Shipped USA
  • OEM Wheel Lock Set -- $45 Shipped USA
  • Meanwell HLG-320H-C1750A power supply for grid charger - 183V w/ CC at 1.75A - max voltage 187V -- $80 Shipped USA
  • Passenger Mirror Glass (no cracks or chips) -- $15 Shipped USA

I don't have any other OEM parts for sale right now, but when I get some more I'll add them to this thread if this hasn't sold.
I've got more parts for sale now, so I'll post them as I get photos for them.

Selling a Red fender for a G1. SOLD
$100 plus shipping. I'll ship anywhere but it might be expensive due to size. Free to pickup where I work near Atlanta, GA.
All original mounting tabs are in place, undamaged.
Grade B -- there is some fading in the clearcoat (not peeling) near the top centre. I haven't tried to buff it out. There's also some tar splatter at the bottom near the wheel well.
Please send me a PM if interested.
Still has OEM VIN sticker.
Tar residue seen here.
I can't tell what this is, but it looks like it doesn't penetrate the clearcoat.

Attachments

Engine-Off-Coast
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Posting a few items at once here, but all replies will be really close in time to each-other, so it shouldn't unfairly bump the thread.

Rocker Panel - Passenger Side

$60 + Shipping or local pickup

I have no idea what it would cost to ship this, but if it has to be shipped I can get you a quote.

All tabs are still in place. In the 4th picture, the tab on the right (so second from front of car) has the bottom detached from the body of the panel, but all other tab connections are still good. The loose tab can be fixed with epoxy.

Bottom of the panel (as picture 3 will show) is scratched pretty bad, hence the low price.

The loose one is the one on the right. You can see the bottom has separated from the body of the panel.

Attachments

Engine-Off-Coast
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red G1 Radiator Support -- Good Condition

$80 plus shipping, or local pickup near Atlanta. I can get you a shipping quote if you need it to be shipped.

The support came off a car that was scrapped, but the car was NOT involved in a wreck. This part is good for anyone who bumped the front of their Insight.

Super Moderator
You can tell a guy's age by whether he still has a cassette player:D

I already have one, along with a box of tapes.

Engine-Off-Coast
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Bumping this post. Many items still available. See top post for edited list.

I'm also adding my clutch switch w/ LED indicator for sale.

Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

They look like this. When the LED is off (as in photo) the IMA battery is operational. When the LED is on the IMA is disabled. 2000 - 2004 Insights only.
Choose LED colour: Green, Red (recommended), Amber (shown in video), White (shown in photo)
The switch is high quality, and will out-live your Insight.
$70 shipped anywhere in USA.

@jeffffej did a review video:

These are made to order. I can match either the 2000-2004 Interior or the 2005-2006 Interior, but on the 2005-2006 these don't operate properly, so you'd need to hook this to some other kind of device. I recommend people only buy this if they have a 2000-2004 Insight.

Engine-Off-Coast
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Updating this post to say I've still got Insight parts, and am still looking to sell.

Adding to the list:
I have a passenger side window motor and many interior components from a passenger door. I also have a red passenger door exterior handle assembly.

Registered
2001 manual
Hi, not this Sunday, but next weekend might work. If not I can send one of the boys over. One works at the AMC North on Lawrenceville.

I think I saw you said one side has missing tabs, which? I am also interested in the sticks... still have those?

Thank you,

Rob

Engine-Off-Coast
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, not this Sunday, but next weekend might work. If not I can send one of the boys over. One works at the AMC North on Lawrenceville.

I think I saw you said one side has missing tabs, which? I am also interested in the sticks... still have those?

Thank you,

Rob
I still have the sticks. I'll double check when I get to work tomorrow which side is missing tabs. @*sean* figured out a way to repair broken tabs with a soldering iron, but yeah I can't remember which side needs the repair.

Engine-Off-Coast
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Bumping this post with updated part list. I've got prices here, but some items here have been listed longer than others, so I'm open to offers.

Current Parts Available:
  • (SOLD) OEM Radio -- TESTED & WORKS -- $45 Shipped USA
  • OEM Floormat Set -- NO HOLES -- $325 Shipped USA
  • Clutch Switch w/ LED Indicator $70 Shipped USA (I make these, see this video for a review, choose LED colour red, amber as in video, or white)
  • Complete IMA Battery with year 2005 Panasonic sticks, 77K miles, has thrown P1449 -- $400 Pick Up, can figure out shipping
  • Red Passenger-Side Rocker Panel $60 + Shipping or local pickup
  • (SOLD) Pair of Silver Roof Pillar Mouldings, one has 3 broken tabs, other has all tabs in good condition, $120 for the pair or $80 for the good one
  • Red Radiator Support Good Condition -- $80 + Shipping or local pickup
  • (SOLD) 2005 ECM (MT) unknown condition, corrosion on connector -- $30 shipped USA
  • 2005 ABS Module (MT) -- No corrosion, looks clean -- $100 shipped USA
  • (SOLD) Passenger Window Motor -- $50 shipped USA
  • Mean Well Power Supply for Grid Charger - Part # HLG-320H-C1750A - $80 Shipped USA
  • Passenger Mirror Glass (no cracks or chips) -- $15 Shipped USA

##############################

(SOLD) Radio:
OEM radio from a 2001 Insight. I tested it and the FM and AM and clock all work. Didn't have a cassette tape to try out, but no reason to suspect that's defective. Can take a photo upon request.
$45 Shipped USA

OEM Floormats:
Seagull Gray. Driver side a little dirty, but NO HOLES. Grommet still attached. Click image to see larger photo.
$325 Shipped USA

Brown Rectangle Grey Road surface Artifact

Clutch Switch -- still making them -- see post above with video and for more info.
$70 Shipped USA

2005 IMA Battery complete, Panasonic Sticks
Only 77K Miles are on the battery. It has thrown P1449. I let the pack sit for 2 years to deep dischage. Can grid charge before sale. Can take a photo upon request.
100% Complete, assembled battery.
This one is good for someone trying to replace a couple bad sticks in their own pack, or for possible reconditioning of the whole pack. It may have life in it.
Core could also serve as basis for a LiBCM conversion.
$400 Local Pickup near Atlanta GA -- Willing to ship and can provide shipping quote

(SOLD) 2005 ECM (MT) Unknown Condition
There is some corrosion on a few pins on the right-most connector. Car was NOT in a wreck. Can take a photo of connectors upon request.
$30 Shipped USA

2005 ABS Module (MT)
This one looks completely clean. No reason to suspect there's a problem with it. Car was NOT in a wreck. Can take a photo upon request.
$100 Shipped USA

(SOLD) 2005 Passenger Window Motor
Looks clean. Haven't tested but I'm sure it's fine. Can take a photo of connectors upon request. Willing to test if buyer provides me instructions on how to test it. (I've not worked with the window motors on an Insight before.)
$50 Shipped USA

Front License Plate Mount for 2000-2006 -- 71180-S3Y-A000
- Includes mounting screws
$45 Shipped USA

Honda Wheel Lock Set w/ Key Socket in Original Pkg -- 08181-SF0A2CH
$45 Shipped USA

Mean Well Power Supply for Grid Charger - New, Never Used - Part # HLG-320H-C1750A
183V 1.75A constant-current LED driver, CC between 91V and 183V, MAX voltage 187V
Mouser link: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/HLG-320H-C1750A?qs=uP22XH7NdCum2VNYmmdklw%3D%3D
$80 Shipped USA

Registered
2001 manual
Hi Natalya, I am stilling needing the driver's pilar, can you check to see if the good one is for the driver's side? Plus put me down for the radio. If you recall I live in Stone Mountain. Robert

Engine-Off-Coast
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its thre Passenger side in good condition, the driver's side has some damaged clips. They can be repaired by plastic welding with a soldering iron, as discussed elsewhere in the forum. I havent tried it before though, so i'm not much help with that.

Engine-Off-Coast
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Rsacha Are you able to come by one day this week? The warehouse I work at (and keep the parts at) is just inside I-285 near intersection of E Ponce De Leon and North Decatur Rd. You just go down US-78, and get off at Valley Brook Rd, and the destination is in less than 2 miles after that.

Engine-Off-Coast
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got a couple more things...

Radio Still Available

###############

Front License Plate Mount for 2000-2006 -- 71180-S3Y-A000
- Includes mounting screws
$45 Shipped USA

###############

Honda Wheel Lock Set w/ Key Socket in Original Pkg -- 08181-SF0A2CH
$45 Shipped USA

Engine-Off-Coast
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Natalya, do you still have the passengers side moulding? I'm interested if you're willing to ship.
Hi, I do still have it. It's not in perfect cosmetic shape, but the important part is it has ALL of the attachment clips, as you can see in the second photo.

Asphalt Automotive tire Font Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Metal

I can sell it for $80 plus shipping. It doesn't weigh very much, but the size means shipping will be expensive, probably upwards of $60 would be my guess.

If you're still interested, please send me a "Conversation" by clicking on my profile, and send me your mailing address so I can get a shipping quote.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts