Honda Insight Forum banner

Passenger Airbag Kill Switch?

10315 Views 18 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  WizardReloaded
I was wondering if anyone knew about/or already has had done a mod to put in a passenger airbag kill switch. I would be interesting in knowing how difficult, how expensive, that kind of info. If anyone happens to be on here and reading in the Baltimore-DC corridor, if you've done it a suggestion of places that would do that kind of work would be extremely helpful. Although it would only occur in limited circumstances, I'm having a baby in July and would like the ability to be able to carry my child around in the Insight if necessary, which is currently not possible without a way to disable the airbag. Since it wouldn't be needed for that purpose very often, if I could have a switch so that when adults are in the seat I could have the airbag operational that would be preferable to permanently disabling the airbag.

I look forward to hearing what you fellow Insighters may have to offer in this regard.

Thanks!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
I went looking in my area for someone who will install the switch and cheapest/most convenient I found was also Sensible Solutions. They quoted me $365 to come out and install it. Another quote I got was $600 and I would have to take it to them!

I don't have kids but live with my sister who now has 2 and I would just need it for taking one for a drive to get them to fall asleep. For the time being I will use the money to tint the Insight and for gas in my truck (no airbags) for the nap-time drives.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.