Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having this problem ever since I bought my 2000 Insight in the same year in which the carpet in the passenger feet area next to the door gets snapped out of its position when ever someone gets in and puts their feet down.

At first I just thought it was the way people got into the car and put their feet while in the car. But then I realized its something else going on when I got in and out of the car a few times. When the car was under warrenty I had the dealer replace the plastic pin that snaps into the side panel since the pin had become so warn from me snapping it back that it no longer snapped at all. Now the warrenty has run out and I need to find something to keep it where it should be so the carpet doesn't eventually wear out.

If anyone knows about this and can suggest a solution, that would be great. thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Could that be the same type of plastic pin that Jim Holmgren has been talking about with his drivers footrests? Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
If it's at the top of where the carpet is about to disappear right by the door then it is likely the little white pop connector. It seems every summer those come loose in my car. First give it a look over, if it looks ok push it in with all your might once you have it lined up. Mine are holding so far this summer, but it wouldn't suprise me if they don't. The pop connectors are only like a buck and some change though if it comes out again.

I so far am on set 3 of these clips under warranty, lol. Now I don't even have to go to service I just walk in to the parts counter and they give em to me for free after seeing that when I installed em they held longer than when their service guys did.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick-- that's it exactly - the white pop connector. I'd rather have a solution that I can use and forget about the problem, instead of making visits to my friendly dealer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
oh good, I'm not the only one who was thinking their passangers didn't know how to get in and out of my car... guess it's not really their fault.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Well JB weld would probably work wounders for it, but I have already had the carpet out at those points twice so I need access to that area.

·
Registered
320 Posts
So, has anyone else had problems with the way the passenger side floor mat always curls up and slides out of place? The driver's side has a screw holding it in place with a strap and the passenger side NEEDS a similar fix. I intend to do something about this when the new Insight comes in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem, the dealer kept replacing the clips, finaly the dealer called the Honda Techline who said some insights had carpet that was cut improperly. so they re-carperted my car, under warranty, ever since than I have never had any problems.

David

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Will M said:
So, has anyone else had problems with the way the passenger side floor mat always curls up and slides out of place?
You bet. Happens all the time. It seems to get caught on something under there as well; it's usually hard to pull back down.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have this problem as well. Replacing the snap pin isn't going to really fix it since the pin is just undersized. Any auto store should have a selection of snap pins of varying sizes. You can pick one slightly bigger. This is on my list of things to do...

·
Registered
9 Posts

I had that problem too, and fixed it the same way I seem to fix all my other car problems. Velcro tape. Just put some under the carpet where the trouble area is.

I also use the stuff to keep my blind spot-side-mirrors on, as the 2 sided tape that it comes with the mirrors doesn't keep them on too well in the less than perfect Washington DC road areas :wink:

2000 Green Insight

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow, is there nothing velcro can't do.

I have the same problem as you all with my driver side. Just to lazy to do more than kick it back into place. I'd say getting a large pin, clip or velcro is the best ways to fix it

·
Registered
60 Posts
The solution.

I had this problem as well. The clips are not long enough to engage the body of the car like they're supposed to. They might seat for a while, but it's the equivalent of a screw that's only got its tip in a hole.

The dealership got some slightly longer clips, and this fixed the problem permanently.

Fred

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Ok so what color was the clip? There are essentially 3 different ones that I know of that are that type. White, Black and blue. The one that was there origonally was white. I was thinking of trying a clip that has the little fins on it like the grey ones in the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts