Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever a passenger has buckled in, the belt continues to take up slack with normal forward and backward passenger movement until it is so tight that they have to unbuckle the seatbelt and rebuckle. Basically there is no forward movement - only backward - since it is continually tightening.

The driver's seatbelt on the other hand allows for normal forward and backward movement - as the driver leans forward and then back - with the seatbelt loosening and tightening as necessary to keep excess slack to a minimum.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Anyone know of a fix besides returning to the dealer? - Ugh!

·
Registered
242 Posts
seat belts

Hi e-male,

the seatbelts have a life of car warranty. You may not like going to the dealer, but at least the repair shouldn't cost you anything.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Sounds like they're activating the child saftey lock... err wait does the Insight have that? Seat belt components are warrantied for life as Jim mentioned, so you might just want to take it in.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Jim......Thanks for the warranty for life info. My passenger seat belt does the same thing. My wife hates it! The only thing she dislikes about the car. I'll have that taken care of next trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seat Belt

We had the same complaint. Dealer replaced and the new belt has the same problem still. Service could only conclude that they have a child safety feature that is always engaged. Question- my wife and I are both heavy. Think there is any relationship to size and belt issue?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Re: Seat Belt

William of Windsor said:
We had the same complaint. Dealer replaced and the new belt has the same problem still. Service could only conclude that they have a child safety feature that is always engaged. Question- my wife and I are both heavy. Think there is any relationship to size and belt issue?
I am 5'6", 150lbs. Whenever my wife drives and I am in the passenger seat, the belt does the same thing. So unless you consider 150lbs to be heavy, I don't think it's a weight issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've dealt with that in other cars... How aggravating! I wonder, would it be possible to order a right-side-of-the-car seatbelt from Japan or England? Surely the drivers there are allowed to shift their bodies forwards and backwards...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts