Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install or have someone install a passanger side airbag cut-off switch. I called the local Honda dealer yesterday about this matter and my question was met with confusion. Is this an installation Honda dealerships do or am I barking up the wrong tree? Any information you may have is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi windham,

Honda as a nationwide company policy will not provide nor install such a switch. You only have 2 other options:

1) Physically disconnect the airbag at the connector which may disable the entire system.

2) Have an aftermarket company install one which in past threads was kinda pricy.

Try the forum search feature :!: :)

HTH! :)

G

·
0 Posts
I fitted one from a company in the states. Took about an hour, came with really good instructions & was easy to fit.

I'll try to find the info.

G

·
0 Posts
http://www.aoielectrical.com, they were really helpfull in sending one from the States to the UK, I think it took 3 days.

I have located it in the small compartment below the radio.

I think I am going to get the remote light soon as I keep forgetting to turn it back on when the wife gets in the car (she's getting suspicious that I am trying to finish her off)!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts