Honda Insight Forum banner

Passenger side window wont move.

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Mario 
#1 ·
I checked fuse #8 and its fine.

Oh, BTW the Drivers Side fuse is designated DS but the passenger side fuse is designated AS. What the hell? Maybe,..... Another Side.....??

Neither the drivers switch or the passenger switch will move it in either direction and its stuck OPEN.....in the winter..... The drivers side window is working fine.

I was hoping to avoid removing the door panel as it looks tricky.

It all happened when I was trying to raise the window an my wife was trying to lower it.

Have I missed something easy?

#2 ·
Try the switch above the drivers side window switches that says main and make sure it's in the on position.

If you have to take off the door panel it's not a big deal, it's only screws and clips to get the panel off.

#3 ·
I cannot believe this. I have been driving Insights for 9 years, 150K miles and have never seen that switch. I know I have never seen it or I would have asked myself what it was for. I cannot imagine what its for except to irritate my wife.

If its off, even the driver cannot control the passenger window, what value is that!!!!

But my car is now fixed.....LOL

#5 ·
Glad to hear it....makes me feel better.

BUT, what is that switch for????? What does it acomplish in the grand scheme of things????

#6 ·
That's so funny. First thing that popped into my mind when I read your first post was 'main switch' - but then, i probably wouldn't have mentioned it for fear of insulting your intelligence...

Doesn't the switch allow you to disable the passenger's control of the passenger window? If so, maybe it was meant to be a safety feature, like if you have a child in the front seat. Otherwise, if it just enables or disables driver control of both windows or only driver window - doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

#7 ·
FYI, I had to take a look at that switch to remember what it's actually meant to do, I never use it. The switch is labeled "Main."

With it on you can control the windows. With it off you can't control the passenger side window from the passenger switch OR from the driver panel. So it's basically a passenger window disable switch. That seems pretty weird to me. But I guess it's a safety thing... Maybe someone else understands the twisted logic better...

#8 ·
Pretty much all modern cars have driver-side switches to enable or disable using the other windows in the car. The idea is that if you have kids in there, you don't want them messing with the windows so you roll them up and flip the switch. I know my parents had to use it on my brother and I a few times when we were young. :) Potentially useful for pets, too, so they don't roll the window down and jump out...

#9 ·
Yes, that all makes sense. But what doesnt make sense is disabling the DRIVERS control of the windows!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.