Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had my insight for about 5 months and recently my passenger window has had a horrible time going up. it usually can make it up all the way, but very slowly. although, sometimes, it stops whlie going up. has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Sounds like the run channel is bunching up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes!
And it gets (got - I got it fixed) worse after it rained or I washed my Insight.

When I took the car in (I was worried that it was the door liner problem) Waterloo Honda claimed that the channel is occassional a smidge too tight. They sprayed silicone (?) on the rubber and *poof* fixed.

It took two tries (I think they tried a light spray the first time - put a hefty layer on the second time), but I haven't had problems with the window in nearly two months.

You should be able to get the silicone spray at typical hardware/auto stores. Honda told me to get some at Canadian Tire, but I've yet to get there yet.

Doesn't hurt to try - it's a $5.00 solution :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Same thing happened with my drivers-side window, although not to the point of not moving. As in Opal's case, my local dealer sprayed the channel with a lubricant and it has been working fine for several months now.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Your Window run channels need to be lubricated. The dealership will do this for free under warranty. If you bring in your Insight more than three times for this issue the dealership will replace the window run channels under warrenty.

I've had mine replaced and no longer experience sticky windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts