Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Honda insight, recently the passengers side tail light started going out, one light at a time. It is LED and I assumed I would have to buy the whole assembly to fix it, I was told by the dealer on the phone yesterday though that the 3 bulbs inside may just need to be replaced. that unless that car had been wrecked or the unit had been cracked, the whole thing would not need replaced. I went to the dealer and spoke with another person from there who told me the complete opposite and that they would not only have to replace the whole assembly because the three bulbs inside have nothing to do with the brake lights, but that they would also have to pull off my entire bumper to replace the whole thing.. costing me more money. I just need to know who is telling me right and what it takes to fix my taillight (ps. my actual taillight and brake light are out) thanks for any help in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
I'm not an I2 guy, but this has been discussed here in the past. A search using the box in the upper left corner will get you the answer. From what I remember you're going to have to replace the whole thing.

Sam

·
Registered
16 Posts
From what I've read on here, you have to replace the entire unit. It kind of sucks, since LEDs are supposed to last the life of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts