Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed yesterday that the rubber cover on my clutch pedal is worn thru on the sides.

Has anyone replaced theirs with metal versions? If so any links for prices/ordering?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
you can get the rubber replacments for ~$5. They keep them in stock at the main Honda warehouses. I've ordered some and had them the next day.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
In the mean time you should swap them, (put the brake on the clutch and viceversa, I noticed mine were wearing on opposite corners, so I swapped them, if they're wearing at the center part, you're out of luck. :?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I 'believe' that you can get metal covers for the Insight pedals from Momo - ISTR seeing some on their website a year or so ago. Might be worth taking a look.

I should mention that the metal covers pictured in the other post were a prototype made by the same folks who originally produced the foot rests - they have since closed up shop.

Honestly, I just haven't had enough interest in the metal pedal covers to see if the folks that currently manufacture the footrests for me would be able to reproduce them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts