Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my floormats and pedals for my 2001 CVT, looking at the Momo Shield pedal set or Razo Formula set with dead pedal. Any experience with sizes or aftermarket pedals?

The floormats have me stumped, can anyone recommend some or post some pics of their setup? I'm looking at Weathertech and Lloyds, but I'm concerned about fit for Weathertech and looks for Lloyds.

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
I can't speak for weathertechs in an Insight, I have original mats in my G1 and love them. I'd be reluctant to change.

I did put some weathertechs in my Tacoma, they fit perfect!

..Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My original mats have worn clear through, and I'm in dire need of a replacement set. As for the pedals, they look great. Will post pics shortly.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Do a search for lloyds. I posted pics of mine just a month ago or something.

Front mats and trunk.

Not sure where you live but they might not last very long if you are somewhere with lots of rain, snow, or dirt.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just installed these today and figured I would share and keep this in a relevant thread instead of starting a new one.

If you are interested in a pair, go to Home Page
I saw them installed in a CRX and liked them enough to try them out. I'd rather not have some slippery, pricey pedals designed for a race track in my Insight, which gets driven far too often and in any weather conditions. Wet feet and sparcos or momos usually dont mix.
The brake and clutch pedal have a replaceable rubber insert in them. They are a little small, but I made them work .

Install tips:
* When mounting brake and clutch pedal cover - drill the bottom center hole out first after lining them up. Then mark and slowly trim away just enough material at the top corners to allow the bolts to pass through. Use washers on the back side just in case. Mine are on there extremely tight. Not going anywhere.
* When installing gas pedal cover; clamp it to the pedal, hold pedal with your hand, and start drilling the screws in. Don't try to make pilot holes, it will just mess the alignment up because of all the ridges in the plastic gas pedal. Drill the screws straight in.

All in all, fits great, looks great. ~$60 shipped. I'm happy :)

Clutch Pedal:

Brake Pedal:

All three installed:

·
Registered
459 Posts
No, the gas pedal cover is the exact same size, the brake and clutch might be a few mm larger than the original rubber pedal covers.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,624 Posts
Ele6
Which "model" did you use? CRX?

Willie

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Ele6
Which "model" did you use? CRX?

Willie
I found the stock CRX rubber pedal covers are just a little larger than the Insight but the Insight pedal thickness is much thicker than the CRX so the stock CRX covers can't grip to the underside of the Insight pedal.

Using screws to mount the metal covers look to be OK though. My Insight rubber brake cover was worn through and wouldn't stay on so I mounted it upside down. :p

[edit]
I transferred the stock Honda CRX carpets to the Insight and they fit fine. They even have an embroidered "CRX" on each one to confuse anyone looking into the car. ;)

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
The floormats have me stumped, can anyone recommend some or post some pics of their setup? I'm looking at Weathertech and Lloyds, but I'm concerned about fit for Weathertech and looks for Lloyds.
I got fitted mats through Costco - Coverking Front Only Premium 40 oz. Custom Floor Mats - Item# 547116. But someone else tried and was not able to specify Insight (though I was). So if you want to try it, you may need to get directly in touch with Costco. Price ~$70 with free shipping, plus tax.

B

·
Registered
459 Posts
A better pic I took this morning is attached.

I don't know which car the kit was intended for since I just took measurements and emailed strut king. I asked him which kit it was in an email and I'll respond when I hear back.

Sent from my space shuttle

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
Spoke to Strut King -

It was a mixed set: RSX/Integra (for the brake/clutch I believe) and 01-05 Civic (for gas pedal)

Just send them a message before you purchase and mention it's for the 1st gen insight.

·
Registered
779 Posts
A better pic I took this morning is attached.

I don't know which car the kit was intended for since I just took measurements and emailed strut king. I asked him which kit it was in an email and I'll respond when I hear back.

Sent from my space shuttle
those Puma's?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.