Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to their website, Pennzoil now makes 0W-20 full synthetic for hybrid cars. Is Pennzoil any good? http://pennzoil.com/products/motor_oil/platinum.html You have to scroll to the bottom to find it. May have cleaned Pep Boys out of Mobil 1 for nothing :cry: Just saw another post on Pennzoil. Guess I was a little late :oops:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Resist said:
bfivelover said:
Is Pennzoil any good?
What, you never heard of Pennzoil before? Any synthetic oil is good if it meets the auto manufactures specs and I know of none that don't.
Perhaps my question should have been, is Pennzoil SYNTHETIC any good? Personally I don't really care since I have a couple years worth of Mobil 1 on hand. I was just letting everyone know that Pennzoil now makes 0W-20 synthetic. I've never used Penn Syn, so I am not familiar with it, but seems to me that I have heard of Pennzoil before. Arnold Palmer comes to mind :wink:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I used Penn Synthetic in my G35 and had great wear on that engine. I had 65K miles on it when it was sold.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
bfivelover said:
Perhaps my question should have been, is Pennzoil SYNTHETIC any good?
Again, any synthetic oil is superior to the top rated dino oil. That fact that a name brand has synthetics only makes it that much better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Resist said:
Again, any synthetic oil is superior to the top rated dino oil. That fact that a name brand has synthetics only makes it that much better.
And, your reasoning is??

Conventional oil is not necessarily worse than synthetic oil in most applications normal vehicle operations. The only reason why I would use synthetic would be is if I have a track car and I need best & extended protection at racing conditions.

People who change synthetic oil every 3,000 miles instead of 5,000 miles are really wasting their money on their "normal" vehicles. Dino oil is good for 3,000 miles. (Most) synthetic is good for at least 5,000 miles (except some with 7,500 mi & 100,000 mi duration).

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
My reasoning is published in scientific fact. Dino isn't bad, it's just not a good as synthetics.

3,000 mile oil changes for any oil is a waste of good oil...period. Newer engines and oil are much better than they were in the 60's, so it's about time we let go of this oil change schedule. Unless your warranty requires it, you can go much farther. More like 5,000 to 6,000 on dino oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts